Wednesday, July 09, 2003

Farewell to Model Drama
So, Adrianne won the Next Top Model thingy. There's not a whole to say about it, but I've gotten many a hit on my blog since last night from people searching for "Adrianne" and "Top Model" and whatnot, so I will say a few words to appease the masses.

I'm glad for Adrianne. She was my favorite. Yippee. It was kind of anti-climatic, even with the dramatic dropping of the curtain to reveal Adrianne's picture as the winner. I mean, the only people there with her were the judges and the loser, Shannon. Who, by the way, actually turned out to be pretty cool, and not a judgemental religious super-freak like Robin. Adrianne's big win was a total 'beauty queen' moment, as she shook and cried and whatnot. And then, roll the credits. A season of drama ending just like that. They should have at least had her mom there hiding behind Adrianne's giant picture, to jump out and scream and cry with her. Or maybe have Robin there to jump out and pray over the evilness that just won the competition.

I am sad that my new favorite reality show is now over. The hour recap show before the finale was great fun. Aaah, how I reminisced through the drama and laughter. The show is hysterical because it's real and these girls are serious. You can't write situations and drama and weirdness like what came up among ten girls trying to be models. Well, I can't. Maybe you can. Oh how it made me laugh to see these girls struggle through make-up, hair, how to walk, weird clothes, eating disorder drama, religious differences, and so on and so forth. Just too good to be made up.

I did learn one valuable piece of information from this show. Models are freakishly tall. In the recap episode, they showed again the height measurements for some of the girls. Let's just say, at 5'8", I'd be considered short. These girls are 5'10" or taller! Holy cow! That's tall. It's the one thing keeping me from being a world famous super model. I'm just too dang short.

C.T.

No comments: