Friday, July 25, 2003

A Few of my Favorite Things . . .
Kinda like Oprah's favorite things, but instead, it's just me and links to a few of my favorite things.

I stumbled onto this site while surfing Ebay one fine day many moons ago. Now, before you go and ask why a vintage t-shirt auction site is one of my favorite things, let me tell you why this site is one of my favorite things. I have yet to actually buy a t-shirt, although I fully intend to buy one eventually when I have some money to spend on such frivolous things. But I go there often because it is a highly entertaining grassroots t-shirt biz. Take a look at some of the pics of the 'models' modeling the t-shirts, read the marketing captions that go with the shirts, and you will not be able to help but laugh. It's pure genius. Not to mention, the shirts they find to sell are some of the best I've seen in my quest for cool, affordable vintage fashion. These guys have a good thing going here. Hopefully they run a good business. I can't speak to that, yet. But check out Vintage Vantage online, buy lots of shirts from them, tell me of your experience, and maybe they'll give me a free shirt for sending them tons of business from my high traffic site.

This is a site that I am using as part of my research to get paid for a contract job I did for a woman who has never paid me for completing the job. She owes me $1500.00, which would come in handy right about now, what with my recent house purchase and needing to buy a vintage t-shirt and all. I don't necessarily endorse this site for any particular reason, or as the end all source of info on small claims court. And it's not necessarily one of my favorite things, in that it would actually be more favored for me to get paid. I just get really angry from time to time that she still refuses to pay me, so now I am letting the world wide web know about it. In fact, I think I will email her again about it right now. Can you imagine? She doesn't answer my phone calls anymore.

Well, now I'm all re-focused on this lady not paying me and what to do about it, so I can't think of any more favorite things at the moment. So til next time, check out the t-shirt link, and be careful when doing contract work for people. Apparently the employer signing a contract saying she will pay you upon completion of the contract doesn't actually mean you will get paid. Ever.

More favorite things another time.

C.T.

No comments: