Thursday, July 31, 2003

Did you know . . .
. . . that you can date the reject guys from Cupid on Match.com? I don't know if that's a good or a bad thing. Not that I'd sign up for it anyway. But the chances that the good guys will end up as the rejects are slim to none. And with my luck, I'd end up on the world's most boring date with The Terminator, aka Robert A.

While I'm enjoying Cupid, it is an odd show. I missed the last couple of episodes, but managed to catch the show last night. The ten finalists had to hit the streets to raise enough money for a date with Lisa. They could only spend the amount of money they raised. Poor $9.00 volleyball guy. His date involved free sand and beach, and I'm assuming the frisbee he bought cost $9.00 because I didn't see any other purchases throughout the date. Unfortunately he didn't think to cheat and add some of his own money, like the pedicure/pizza lunch guy did.

I'm not sure the logic behind some of the guys and their 'creative' ideas to raise money while wandering the streets. Although the balding sweaty guy who decided to sell 'hugs and affection' didn't too do badly. But I was really impressed with several of the guys and their ability to raise a decent amount of money ($50-ish) doing pretty much nothing out on the street, then turn that into a fun date. I love the picnic guy, and the zoo guy, and even the Afro guy. Those would be my favorites. Although I'm not sure I'd enjoy being the wife of a career street hussler/afro wig wearing guy. But I do enjoy that these three guys are goofy and fun, yet gentlemanly and sincere. Not to mention, cute.

When I first watched the show, I enjoyed the banter, comments, and criticisms from the two best friends, Laura and Kim. Now they are beginning to annoy me. Laura is trying too hard to be Simon from American Idol. She's mean to everyone. She seems determined to weed out every single guy, so that Lisa ends up alone again at the end of the series. Kim is too inconsistent, and seems to disagree with Laura just for the sake of disagreeing. Poor Lisa is caught in the middle, plus trying to defend these poor guys who are trying to impress her. At this point in the show, unless they are going to bring in Paula Abdul to say weird stuff and to dress even weirder, the two friends should be silent partners. They don't get to vote, anyway.

I do love, however, that we get to see Lisa and these guys on the dates. Her facial expressions at times have been priceless.

I feel certain Robert A, the boring amusement park Terminator clone who seems to be creepily infatuated with Lisa, will be the one voted off next week. How cruel, they bill the show next week as one of the guys getting dumped live on the show. Cruel, but I'm sure funny.

I also caught a bit of Paradise Hotel last night. At first I was embarrassed to admit I've watched this show enough to know what's going on. But having watched it again, I can now with confidence say. . . I have no idea what is going on. And I'm not embarrassed about that. This show makes no sense, and they change the rules every time I've seen it. There is no plot, no point. And apparently no end in sight. Someone is supposed to win, but I don't know what the game is or what they win, or how and when they determine a winner. It just seems to go on and on, and all they do is yell at each other and cry and hate each other, then one of them has to leave 'paradise forever' and they are all devastated to have lost their best friend and they yell and cry more. Such an odd game.

Not to mention the theme song is one of the most annoying things I've ever heard in my life.

But it sure would be cool to hang out at an exotic resort for the summer, even without a point to it.

I'm sure I'll keep watching.

C.T.

No comments: