Wednesday, August 31, 2005

Friend C in NYC
So, tomorrow morning, Friend C leaves us for NYC. Before I'm even awake, she will be on a plane, on her way.

I have 108 million things I would like to say to, and about Friend C. I've been saying all week that I can't get enough of her, trying to spend as much time with her as I can. And that about sums it up.

I would like to be able to blog everything I want to say to her today, right here. I feel like I've been saying goodbye to her ever since she first told me she was applying to grad school last November. I knew even when helping her with her application to apply for school that she would get in, and that I was essentially helping one of my best friends leave me for a city and a life far away.

But, I was just so proud of her for trying. I couldn't say no. I couldn't not help. She didn't need my help, really. She would have made it on her own. She was going. I knew that the second I heard about it from her.

She's requested no tears throughout all of the parties and "last" gatherings and events, as the days and weeks have counted down to her departure tomorrow. I hate saying goodbyes. I hate it when the people I feel like I need in my life, go. I am so lucky to be able to call her a friend.

But, as I hugged her goodbye tonight at Two Rows, and said awkward goodbye things to someone I've seen or talked to almost everyday for the past two years, I had to walk away quickly . . . because the tears started. They are here now.

I can't say everything I want to say to Friend C. Hopefully she knows what she means to me. I will say it sometime. But for tonight, I will say that I will miss everything about her.

I am proud of you. Best continue making me proud in NYC.

I am counting the days until we can hang again.

If I don't get a phone call before the weekend, I will assume you have been kidnapped by the mafia in New York, and I will call 911.

I can't get enough of you, Friend C.

Much Love and Warm Thoughts when it turns cold in NYC in a few weeks-
C.T.

No comments: