Monday, August 22, 2005

Weekend Update
Just the highlights... inspired by Friend L.

1. Roadtrip on my own, on a day that's historically not good for roadtrips. A personal victory.

2. Quality time with Friend C before the crowd arrived. Can't get enough of her before she leaves.

3. Another quality sunburn from time spent on a lake with good friends, and a good Boy.

4. A 14-hour "nap." Possibly a personal best for longest time spent sleeping ever. But sometimes, you just need to sleep for 14 hours. Especially after a week as emotionally and physically draining as mine was last week.

5. Waffles for nine.

6. The honor of driving Friends K and L home from the lake, without scaring the poo out of them. But with including the invention of ... we will sting you! (Play Journey softball to find out more about what this means...)

7. Filling in for someone by speaking at church, and being brave enough to talk about the vulnerable parts of my week, since it was a mostly vulnerable week. It was the first time I've shared about my sister in front of a group, other than a group counseling group. I could have made fun of my dog instead. But, I went for what was real. And probably weird and creepy for everyone listening. Especially the part about waxing my lip** in honor of... (see next)

8. Moustache appreciation night at church. I mean, really, how could these guys with these moustaches NOT be a highlight?



All fine looking fellows with facial hair, and poster boys for Future State Troopers of Small Town America. But this one is my favorite:



** my lip waxing courtesy of participation in Moustache Appreciation night... because no one appreciates a moustache on a lady.

9. Moustaches only being topped by seeing my dad walk for the first time since his surgery. He went home last Friday, five days earlier than expected.

10. Not getting eaten by something scary late last night.

Good weekend.

C.T.

No comments: