Thursday, May 13, 2004

The Universe is winning.....
....and should be the next American Idol. Because that would be better than Jasmine as the next American Idol, even though I hate the Universe right now.

There are times in life when the Universe just flat out slaps me in the face. A lot. Often. With both hands.

It seems we are in the midst of one such time.

First, there's the mouse problem. I will get to more on that later.

Second, there's the American Idol problem. It seems the Universe is out-controlling the Alliance when it comes to voting, and that is just completely unacceptable.

Now, I actually missed the show last night due to a freak VCR-taping malfunction. Again, I blame the Universe. But, apparently the Universe planted five phones in every household in Hawaii, and not only did Jasmine somehow manage to not be voted off the show, she didn't even make the Bottom Two.

She got more votes than Fantasia and LaToya. And then, so I hear, LaToya went home.

ARE YOU PEOPLE INSANE!?!??!??!?!??? I am SOOOOO mad at you right now.

Plus, I missed Donna Summers singing 'Last Dance'. There is only one thing better in this world than me singing karoake 'Last Dance', and that is Donna Summers singing live 'Last Dance'. I missed it. Soooo sad.

I really don't know where to go from here. Clearly, our support needs to shift to Fantasia, but the Universe clearly likes to take what the Alliance wants and wreak havoc. We could go back to putting our efforts against who needs to leave, but Jasmine seems impervious to everything we throw at her. I dare say, she's stronger than Carmen Rasmussen. It's frightening.

Since we have such a huge American Idol problem, plus I continue to have an annoying mouse problem, I should maybe make the best of these situations by training Algernon the Office Mouse to dial his phone in support of votes for Fantasia next week.

I just don't know what else to do. I blame you people.

C.T.

No comments: