Wednesday, May 12, 2004

Hot Stuff?
I'm not sure. But admittedly, Disco Night is always my favorite theme night on American Idol. So I can't complain too much. It was fun.

Although, I cannot believe that with all the Donna Summers, and the actual Donna Summers being there as a guest judge, no one sang 'Last Dance'. Maybe they didn't want to tempt fate and subliminally plant that it might be their 'last dance' on the show into the minds of voting Americans. But whatever excuse there was for no 'Last Dance', it is my favorite karaoke song to sing. And I am further convinced that if I was allowed to be on the show at my old age, I would be going home with the crown of Miss American Idol 2004 tonight, after a mind-blowingly fabulous performance of 'Last Dance'. They wouldn't even have to finish the rest of the season. I'm that good.

Good thing I'm not on the show, to give these last four contestants a decent shot.

Jasmine was so horrible that not even kind, sweet Donna Summers could think of anything good to say. That's really, really bad. Plus, she crimped her hair. Did you hear me?? She crimped her hair!! America, if Jasmine is our next American Idol because all of Hawaii has five phones in every household, I will never forgive you.

Never. Forgive. You.

Diana was surprisingly not as annoying, but still annoying to me. I think she will always be annoying to me. I am upset that she won the honor of best song of the night. Especially since that award doesn't exist and doesn't matter.

Fantasia is still my favorite, although I'm happy with LaToya, too (although I think I saw her buzz-short hair crimped, too. An amazing feat, if this is true). The Alliance will continue to use our powers for the good of promoting these two, rather than for the evil of working against those we don't want to win.

Jasmine.

And please let Simon go last again. It was just weird for him to get to speak first.

It makes no sense.

Much like hair crimping.

C.T.

No comments: