Thursday, May 27, 2004

American Idol.... Out!
I forgot that the best part of WB Superstar USA is that at the end of the show, host Bryan McFayden ends his hosting by saying, "McFayden... gone!"

It's sooooooo funny!!

I believe one of my earlier posts regarding this season of American Idol held the fear that we would one day have an Idol named Fantasia. This was something I just could not conceivably condone. Well, it's taken the remainder of the season for me to accept and be okay with that possibility. Because we do, in fact, now have an Idol named Fantasia.

What an odd show last night. It first seemed to think this event was of the caliber of the Oscars, as the show was held in the Kodak Theater, home of the Oscars. And there was the whole red-carpet pre-show thing going on. I mean, how out of work is Jennifer Love Hewitt to accept a gig standing out in the heat emcee-ing the rejected idols performing a concert for a random crowd of bystanders? And of course, the three 'stars' Christina Christian and her strange and sudden afro managed to snag on the red carpet for interviews were Nicole Ritchie, Ray Romano, and Sharon Osbourne. So it wasn't exactly like the Oscars. But pretty darn close.

It was good to see some of the old Idol favorites again: JPL, Matt Rogers. Unfortunately along with them came Jasmine and Leah. But at least now I know I don't have to waste the money on tickets to the American Idol tour. I saw all I needed to see last night. Most of it in fast-forward.

Congrats to Fantasia, American Idol 2004.

Dude, she totally broke a shoe from the excitement. That is one excited Idol.

C.T.

No comments: