Monday, November 03, 2003

Tyrant's Nanowrimo Update
I am totally drawing a blank for a good novel idea. I have so far written not one word towards my novel. I've discovered that my brain seems to function in short episodic spurts, much like my blog writing. Thus, I'm finding it hard to come up with an idea that I can write 50,000 words about. I have lots of writing ideas. They just begin and end in short story fashion.

So, now being 2.5 days and around 4800 words behind on the novel writing, my options are this:

1. Keep trying to think of a good idea for the next few days and hope I can catch up in a major moment of literary brilliance.

2. Start writing today about anything that pops into my head, and somehow drag it out into 50,000 words.

3. Quit right now.

I'm not ready to quit, yet. I still like the idea of doing the novel in November. And, I just don't like to quit stuff that I have officially committed to doing. Yes, I officially signed up on the Nanowrimo website.

But I'm also already weary of the pressure to do something for 30 whole days that is an unexpected major commitment requiring me to be dependable.

If nothing else, this novel writing project will help me work through some personal issues . . .

C.T.

No comments: