Tuesday, November 18, 2003

Things I've Learned from B.S.
I've learned a few things after accidentally catching parts of the recent Britney Spears television specials. Don't think I'm weird because I watched them. You know you did, too.

1. I definitely need a pair of shiny, black, tight pants.
And I might as well get a shiny hot pink tank top to go with the pants, while I'm at it. Britney and her dancers all wore the shiny black pants last night during her special on ABC, and I have to admit I didn't feel as cool as they looked while sitting on my couch in red, non-shiny sweatpants.

2. Watching MTV at my Grandma's house just feels wrong.
I caught part of Britney's MTV special on Saturday while visiting my Grandma. She had gone down to dinner with her old people friends in her old people village, but I had plans to eat at my aunt's house. Which meant I had total control of a TV with cable for an entire thirty-two minutes. Fate would direct me to Britney on MTV, even though I was actually hoping for a Newlyweds rerun. And even though Grandma was nowhere to be found, it just felt wrong to watch Britney that way.

3. If you can ignore the fact that it's Britney, and if you can get past her singing, some of the songs from her new cd aren't that bad.
Yeah, you heard me. The songs are actually pretty catchy, if you don't listen to the words and tune out the Britney Factor. Not that I'm going to go buy the cd or anything silly like that. But if I accidentally ended up with it as a gift or something, I might listen to it for awhile before getting rid of it. You know, just so I don't offend the person who gave it to me. And I proudly stand by that.

4. If Britney can be Glamour magazine's Woman of The Year, so can I.
Although I definitely need the shiney black pants for that. It's the one thing holding me back.

Britney is In The Zone today. Are you?

C.T.

No comments: