Monday, November 03, 2003

Another Nanowrimo Update
Since I know you are all waiting by your computers, holding your breath in anticipation of my novel writing activities, I will give another update.

I have, within the last few hours, had a fit of inspiration. So I now have 663 words written. But it is so far turning into a terribly sad and depressing somewhat autobiographical tale that I am not sure I will stick with, much less be able to stretch into 50,000 words without sending myself into a cavernous depression by the end of November. While it is quite a masterpiece so far, I will have to find a way to lighten it up a bit, if that's possible for the subject I'm toying with at the moment.

Otherwise, I will have to scrap it for another idea. I was hoping to make a poignantly funny first novel, so we'll see if I can't get there, yet.

C.T.

No comments: