Monday, November 17, 2003

Done.
I started a post earlier about how I feel done today. Not 'done' as in something I've accomplished. But 'done' as in drained, worn out, tired, sad, unenergetic, irritated and generally apathetic. It was an effort to get out of bed today, and even more of an effort to not leave work right now to go crawl back into bed.

But my computer froze up in the middle of the post, and I lost everything I'd written. It wasn't much, mostly the tale of my weekend adventure to yet another cousin's wedding in Tulsa. Background information about why I'm done today. It was a crazy, good, sad, long, tiring, weird, adventurous weekend with my crazy, white-trash family. Family that includes my 50+year old aunt who won an amateur bodybuilding championship in 2001. Seriously. She hugged me and I'm pretty sure she crushed one of my ribs.

Since the computer freeze up and complete loss of my literary brilliance, I have spent yet more time on the phone with SBC, still trying to straighten out billing issues as related to this incident. In case you're wondering, they continue to screw things up every month, and today's friendly representative launched into some sort of explanation about oranges and money, as though I don't understand how money works. Eventually, she rambled on to discover it was still their error, and I owe them much less money than they try to steal from me every month. She 'corrected the problem', as they always do. And, as is typical, she tried to sell me more services. Yes, please, Company That Can't Handle the Simple Things. Add more stuff for us to toy with.

But, case in point about being done, with the loss of what I already tried to write, and the ridiculous (and probably too loud for my office) conversation with another SBC Automaton, right now the thought of trying to start over and remember what I wrote in all its wit, charm, and deepness is too frustrating.

Why?

Because I'm pretty much done today.

C.T.

No comments: