Monday, November 24, 2003

The End is Near
Sounds dramatic, doesn't it?

Folks, the end of my Nanowrimo novel is near! I didn't write as much as I wanted to write over the weekend, but I made some good progress. I am now at 47,974 words! Less than 3,000 words to go to meet the goal. And truthfully, the story may go a little longer than that. Not much, but a little.

At this point, I plan to finish the story, and not just the amount of words. Technically, the novel can be total crap as long as it's at least 50,000 words. But I've had so much fun with it, and it's actually turning out to be a pretty decent piece of work, considering it's my first piece of writing that's a made-up story and longer than a blog entry. I figured I might as well finish it up as well as I can, and make my first novel something people might actually want to read sometime.

Well, at least something I would want to read sometime.

Tomorrow is my personal deadline to finish. I will at least get the word count validated so you can all see my name on the winner's list. Hopefully the story will be finished by then, too.

After that, I'll try to figure out how I can make it available for people to read. It may take awhile, pending time availability. But I'd love for people to be able to read it. . . for a short time before I try to make some money off of it . . .

Here's another excerpt. Heee heeeeeeee.

C.T.

No comments: