Tuesday, March 04, 2008

I'm not proud.

Today I voted for someone whose name rhymes with Schmillary Blinton in the Texas primary.

In this day and age when the quest to choose the next president of our country has come down to which one wouldn't be the worst possible situation for the next four years, I have chosen to get involved in Tactic Voting.

By strategically voting Democratic in the Texas primary, I've joined the ranks of Texans who are not voting to secure a Republican nominee (since that has pretty much already been decided).

But rather, we have voted with the strategy to cause as much chaos within the Democratic party by intentionally voting for someone we do NOT want to win the presidential election, but who would be the more viable option to run against in the end.

When using your vote for evil could actually be for the greater good down the road, these are interesting times, my friends.

C.T.

2 comments:

Steve K. said...

NO, you DIDN'T!!!!

So, you realize this is what the terrorists, umm, I mean, Rush Limbaugh and Ann Coulter wanted you to do, right? (heavy sigh)

I guess I shouldn't expect the Cynical Tyrant to join the campaign of HOPE ;-)

Ima Wurdibitsch said...

That's brilliant!