Tuesday, June 28, 2005

Packing?
What?

I probably should be packing now. I get on a plane tomorrow morning for my whirlwind tour of Thailand, Cambodia, and Vietnam.

Eh, I'm a last minute packer. I'll be fine.

I'm very excited for my trip. I love getting really far away from my world. I think I like it better when I get back if I've gotten as far away as possible for awhile.

It should be quite an adventure, especially being someone who tends to stick to sweet and sour chicken when it comes to "chinese" food. I realize I'm not going to China. My point is that I have a history of saying I don't like Asian food, even though I just really haven't given it much of a chance. I'm branching out. It's growing on me.

To prepare for my trip I rented:

The Killing Fields, for Cambodia.
We Were Soldiers, for Vietnam.

I've already seen Good Morning Vietnam several times.

I am now going to Southeast Asia with the fresh picture in my mind that Americans do, in fact, suck. We are quite horrible, actually. Why on earth do people want to come to America? We are mean.

So, blogging will be light for awhile. I hope to blog from the other side of the world. That will be fun for me.

Tomorrow I will sit on a plane for 108 hours. But at least I won't be working.

HA!

Oh, and if anyone can pick me up from the airport on a Monday morning when I get back in a couple of weeks, email me. I'd appreciate it.

C.T.

No comments: