Wednesday, April 28, 2004

The rhythm is gonna get to turn the beat around, and here we are.
So, it was Gloria Estefan night last night on Idol, and let me just say that I was VERY excited about that. My sister and I had a fascination with Gloria Estefan, in that 'making fun of it, but we secretly like it' sort of way. We would blare Gloria to clean up the kitchen after dinner, dancing around in an effort to make the chore more fun, or at least to make it so annoying that my mom would ask us to never do it again.

Good times. The rhythm definitely got us.

But, last night on American Idol, the rhythm seemed to not get anyone. Except Randy. And Gloria. And Paula. Who all danced through the entire show from their chairs. Thank goodness for the Miami Sound Machine, or else the whole evening would have been really bad impersonations of Gloria Estefan on a cruise ship or some other cheesy vacation spot.

Worst performance of the night definitely goes to John Stevens, who forgot the words and decided to put the key change modulation about half a song ahead of where it was supposed to go. It was sooooo bad. Soooo, soooo very bad. Poor kid.

America, I swear this week if John doesn't go home, you are in serious trouble. I don't have a favorite from this week, except the Miami Sound Machine. I hope they win.

But I definitely know I want John to go home tonight. He's too nice to keep torturing him on stage every week. Put him out of his mysery.

And, while Fantasia's tribute to Jennifer by screaming out Jennifer's name several times during her song was touching, she might should stop making such a big deal about Jennifer's untimely departure because if it hadn't been Jennifer, it would have been Fanatasia. And 'Fantasia' would likely be harder to fit into a song than 'Jennifer', so I doubt she would have received such a tribute from Ms. Hudson.

AND yes, Diana DeGarmo, I also give your dress a ZERO. I was intently hoping she would stop moving so much and just stand still, because I was afraid the way-too-high-cut vertical blinds in the skirt part of the dress were about to show us way more of Diana's "rhythm" than anyone ever hopes to see.

Please do not wear vertical blinds on the show ever again. Anyone.

Ever.

John go home.

C.T.

No comments: