Monday, April 05, 2004

Foiled Again
Turns out I never made it The Benefactor auditions. I could have sworn it was divine fate for me to be there, to wow Mark Cuban and the producers, and to ultimately win a million dollars from the show.

Guess not so much.

I had a prior commitment on audition day that lasted many more hours than I anticipated. The auditions were a last minute idea that I hoped to make, thinking that I would be finished with the other thing in plenty of time for an audition adventure.

But, not so much.

Even though it was a last minute long shot, I was still strangely excited about the idea of it, and slightly disappointed that I couldn't make it.

If for no other reason than it would have made a much better blog entry than this.

I'm all about whatever it takes for good blogging. And a million dollars on tv would have been a great blog entry.

Oh well. Truthfully, I would have been SO good on the show that it wouldn't have made for good tv. I would have won the million on the first day. The other contestants would have cried. The remaining six weeks of programming would have been recap shows of the first show.

We know it's true. It's probably best this way. For the sake of ABC's future of network success.

C.T.

No comments: