Monday, April 26, 2004

E-bunny
What I love most about this e-world we live in is, as I've mentioned before, email. I loves me some email.

And, what I love most about email is random email. The email that comes at unexpected moments during the day, from people you know, that has absolutely no context with my day whatsoever, and no point to it other than just a random email.

I'm blessed with wonderfully random email friends.

These friends are also good for random conversation, which is also fun. But a conversation is never quite as random as an email, because if you are there conversing with someone, chances are there will be some (even vague) form of context leading to the start of the conversation. Nothing quite beats a random email in the middle of a work day.

With email, the random factor is endless. I am not with these people throughout their day. Therefore, I do not know what is going on with them at any particular moment, and I do not know what is going on in their head at any given moment. When that comes to me in email form, it brings me great joy. And usually a smile. And some laughing. Quietly.

For instance, today I get an email with the subject line of 'bunnies'. I'm at work. There are no bunnies here. No one I know works with bunnies, or has a bunny, or is obsessed with bunnies. So this tells me I'm about to read a random email. I'm very excited about this. And it did not disappoint. Who knew email 'bunnies' would be about the serving size of Easter candy? Aaah, much hilarity ensued. (the serving size for this particular bunny candy was a 1/2 bunny, by the way)

Now, I'm not condoning personal email conversations at work, of course. Nope, you don't get the go-ahead on that from me.

But, I do so enjoy the random email conversations stemming from a single random email sent at any given point during the day.

Bunnies.

C.T.

No comments: