Monday, March 27, 2006

Three Things

1. Dried Fruit has finally made it in this world. I don't usually buy dried fruit because I can never find it in the grocery store. When I'm looking for raisins, I can never find them. Dried fruit is always stuck on a random aisle that never makes any sense. If I happen to stumble upon it, I will buy it.

But, today I went to Target and I saw DRIED FRUIT proudly listed on the big sign above the aisle. I bought some dried fruit because I knew exactly where to find it. It's a big day for dried fruit.

2. I can't remember the second thing.

3. As I was driving home, I saw three kids playing with a ball in their front yard. There were two boys and one girl, maybe 7 years old. The ball suddenly went out in the street in front of my car. Naturally I slowed way down and glued my eyes on the kids to make sure none of them ran out in front of my car to chase the ball.

As I watched the kids, I saw the younger girl run towards the street. But as she did, one of the boys grabbed her arm to hold her back. Then he motioned for her to stay. As I passed I saw him look both ways, then he carefully went out into the street to get the ball.

I cried the rest of the way home, watching this young boy be so protective of that little girl. Maybe he was her brother, maybe they are all just neighbor kids. Whatever the case, that was the sweetest thing I've seen in a really long time.

C.T.

No comments: