Sunday, December 11, 2005

Do you have goo on your leg?
The above is the Quote of the Day, courtesy of Phoebe #4/5.

I won't be able to walk tomorrow. I made it through my 5 miles this morning and I am super tired and already in pain. But I am proud of Team Phoebe and Friends today, finishing another White Rock Relay Marathon run for the third year in a row.

Once again, the Phoebes rose early in the cold, ran our respective legs, and finished with what may be our best time yet at 4 hours and 9 minutes.

Special props go out to two new additions to the team, Pheobe #1's dad and sister. They ran strong, had fabulous shirts to go with ours, and they made the day a success. Plus, we all scored lots more free stuff than usual, including:

1. Sweatbands (or snotbands, as they tend to function for me as I run)
2. A Texas flag on a stick
3. Minty fresh chapstick
4. A cup
5. Marathon Finisher t-shirts, even though none of us ran the entire marathon. They forced the shirts on the Phoebes who crossed the finish line, and really, it is rude to refuse a gift. Right?

I would also like to extend special props to Babs who DID actually earn the Marathon Finisher t-shirt. She unexpectedly ran the whole marathon and did it in an impressive amount of time.

Again I ask myself why I do this to myself. I don't run. I don't like to get up early. I hate being cold.

But then I remember that it's super fun and the Phoebes are awesome. And I will be there again next year.

Especially if there is more free chapstick.

C.T.

No comments: