Tuesday, October 11, 2005

Tuesday Nights
I am a hopeless creature of habit, predictable in almost every way. Change is not something I pursue, or do well.

Almost every single Tuesday night for the past four years, I have left whatever day job I had at the time to go to work at my church for the evening. I leave one job and head to the other. There might be a handful of Tuesdays in the past four years that I have not had that routine.

Lately, my Tuesday or Thursday nights at the church have been a bit distracting, with other people around and activity going on. I enjoy the company. But, I haven't been able to get as much work done.

So, this week I decided to change Tuesday night at church to Monday night at church, since there is a planned group meeting there for the next few Tuesday nights. I'm a little surprised at myself that I would do this. I much prefer the "Rainman" way of life. Everyday has it's routine. That's how I know what day it is and where I'm supposed to be.

But, this week I chose to work on a Monday night. And tonight, I came home after work. I got a lot done last night. I needed the peace and quiet in the building.

Tonight, however, I am really confused.

What do I do with myself? It's Tuesday night and I am at home.

It's been four years since that has been a true statement.

Not really sure what to do. But, I kinda like it. It almost feels like I'm on vacation, even though I worked last night.

I hope this change in my schedule does not confuse me the rest of the week. Technically, I think my brain thinks today is Wednesday, since I worked last night.

C.T.

No comments: