Wednesday, August 16, 2006

The best drive home ever
I hate driving home after work because of all the traffic and the fact that it's more than a 5 minute drive. I just want to leave my office, blink, and be home. I get really impatient in the car.

But today I had the best trip home ever. First, I never hit a red light until two red lights before Staples, where I needed to stop for a few items. This means I drove for about 15 minutes without having to stop. It was genius. This cut at least 10 minutes off of my drive.

Ok, probably less time than that. But still, it made the drive much speedier in my head.

I was in and out of Staples in less than 5 minutes. What I needed was right by the door, and there was no line at the checkout.

Then I hit Home Depot across the street, and I was in and out of there in 10 minutes.

Then I dropped off a prescription, and I decided to grocery shop while I waited. Right as I walked up to the pharmacy after shopping for 10 minutes, my prescription was ready. No waiting.

Then I hit all of the green lights from the grocery store to my house. Genius.

All together the time from my office, 3 stops, and to my house was an hour. That's ridiculously no time at all in the big city full of after work rush hour traffic.

It was nice. And left me in a good mood.

I enjoy that.

C.T.

No comments: