Saturday, June 17, 2006

Two things that made me a nerd this week
I do lots of things every week that make me a nerd. This week there were a couple of extra things.

1. I bought a new water sprinkler on Wednesday, and I was so excited about it that I almost couldn't wait until Friday (my next designated watering day) to use it. It targets the smaller areas of my yard that are not best served by my other sprinklers that go for distance.

It was a wise investment. And totally worth the wait until I could try it out yesterday.

2. Today, Phoebe #4 and I went to the local auditions for The Amazing Race Season 11. We were going to send in a tape, but I forgot about it before the deadline. Fortunately, I saw online this week that TAR was coming HERE. How could we pass that up???

We wore our matching Team Phoebe shirts, ate Brazillian food before we went, and we successfully followed a map to get to the location of the auditions. All things that are good signs that we would rock on the show.

Honestly, though, it was kind of anti-climatic. As much as I love reality TV and I have a lifelong dream to be on reality TV, we were in and out of the audition in like, 10 minutes. We already had our applications filled out. There was not a line. We just showed up, they handed us a number, and 5 minutes later we were standing in front of a guy with a camcorder, telling our story.

It was a bit unsettling. I felt a little "off" once the camera started. It's hard to sum up into just two minutes all the fabulous reasons why they would be STUPID not to put me on their show. But, we did have matching shirts. So, we've got that going for us.

Afterwards, we found out that Season 11 of TAR will be a race acros North America. I'm hoping that's not correct. I mean, IF we are picked, I will still totally go. But, I hated the family season when they stuch everyone in Tahoes and made them drive all over the country. I'd rather see the world. But, shoot. I'll take what I can get. If they want to put me on TV in a Tahoe, sign me up.

Also, just as we started taping our two-minute audition, the local news station set up their camera and started filming us filming our audition. So that was a little distracting. But, we did make the local news tonight. In our matching shirts. Because we're awesome.

So, at this point in my life, my fifteen minutes of fame is at 1.2 seconds.

I've got a ways to go.

PICK US, TAR 11!!!

But if not, I do have that cool water sprinkler to entertain me.

C.T.

No comments: