Thursday, April 20, 2006

The gift of time
So I've been given the gift of time again this morning, waiting for the air-conditioner repair guy to come fix my a/c. I waited til 11:30 yesterday morning before they figured out they couldn't fit me in until today.

It's weird. I feel like I never have enough time to get stuff done. You know, the random things that you don't want to take time to do, even though they don't take much time to do. Like, put up laundry. Hang a picture. Clean the kitchen floor. File papers stacked all over my floor.

I didn't expect a broken air-conditioner this week. I mean, really. Who does? So essentially I've been given a gift of time as I wait around at home. I can't run errands. I can't do any office work from home. I'm just stuck here with time on my hands.

I don't know what to do with it. I could put up laundry, clean the floor, empty the dishwasher. Later in the week I will be annoyed that I don't have time to do it, and that it's not already done.

But, I really just don't want to do any of that right now. Yet, I'm going a little stir crazy. Not because I don't LOVE downtime. I do love it. A lot.

I just feel like on a Thursday morning I should not be home in my sweatpants with nothing to do, when I am not even sick. I should be at work. I should not have to be wasting a perfectly good personal day on such trivial things as my broken a/c. I mean, it's not like I could even sleep in late. I had to be up early on the off chance that the a/c guy showed up early this morning.

Ha!

But, fortunately I have found a few entertaining things to do this morning.

1. I watched the episode of Alias that I taped from last night.
2. I made coffee. Not much in this world makes me happier than making coffee and sitting in my chair to drink it.
3. I caught a few minutes of Christian MOL preachers Benny Hinn and Steve Muncie on tv. And kids, this just about made my morning all by itself. I was mesmerized as Muncie looked me right in the eye (through the magic of tv) and told ME to go to my phone RIGHT NOW and call and give $200. No, $2,000. No, he really believed that I needed to call and give $20,000! He promised an immediate blessing if I did so.

So, then I reached for my phone. I mean, this sounded like a great idea! And they were talking directly to me! And shoot, who doesn't need a blessing??

But then I caught myself. I remembered why I am home this morning. I am waiting for the a/c guy. And I remembered that I will have to give him some money (hopefully not $20,000 or even $2,000). And my immediate blessing will be the blessing of cool air.

4. I decided to come blog instead.

A/C guy? Where are you?

C.T.

No comments: