Friday, June 18, 2004

I hope the grass is greener...
Change is always scary for me. I don't know if it's scarier when change happens and I have no control over it, or if it's just as scary when I play a part in making things happen towards change.

Either way, things are about to change for The Tyrant.

I managed to get myself a new job. It's been a long search, with lots of help and lots of prayer, off and on over the past couple of years. I currently work in a homeless shelter, and to put it simply and as nicely as possible, it's been less than an ideal situation for me. You'll find a smattering of rantings about some aspects of life at the shelter throughout my blog archives on the right. I've learned a lot, I definitely see good things happening here towards helping homelessness. But I discovered a long time ago that this was not the place for me to be longterm. It's been a struggle of conscience vs. the reality of my personal limits.

And it just hasn't been easy finding a new place to go. I'm not even really sure what I do. Besides blog....

But, at long last, I have found a new job at an advertising agency. The job will be pretty much the reverse side of what I do now, handling advertising programs for clients instead of being the client. I can only hope that the grass is truly greener there, as it appears to be from this side of the fence, and as we all hope for the new things in our lives. Especially these days when jobs are so hard to come by and many people don't have a job of any kind, I hope that by leaving one steady job for a new opportunity leads to what I've hoped for: a better overall situation.

I'm anxious to be finished here, as my heart has not been in this job for quite some time now. I still have next week here, then I'm free! But even though I am ready to move on and leave this behind, I will miss one thing for sure.....

My sandwich.

This is the best sandwich ever. I swear to you.

Today, I purchased my last sandwich. It is the final sandwich on my second sandwich card, which hereby earns me a free sandwich the next time I go for a sandwich.

I have one week to receive my free sandwich. After next week I won't work near enough to the sandwich shop to justify the free-ness of the sandwich.

It's all very exciting. I loves me some free, and I loves me some sandwich. The timing could not be more perfect for the free sandwich to commemorate my departure from the realm of the sandwich shop.

I can only hope there is an equally good sandwich at a sandwich shop near my new job. Perhaps even better.... to go with the greener grass.

Mmmmmmm...... sandwich......

C.T.

No comments: