Wednesday, June 09, 2004

AAA Boykott
I decided today that I am boycotting all businesses that mispell words in an effort to be cute or grab attention.

"Kleen"
"Kwik"
"Kat"

Ok, I can't think of any more examples. But I saw "Kleen" today and I was really annoyed by it.

I'm also annoyed by businesses that name whatever they do with as many 'a's as it takes to place them closer to the front of listings, even though the 'a's have nothing to do with what they do.

"AAA Tire"
"AAA Lawn Care"
"AAAAAAAAAAA Pet Grooming Services"
"AaBc Gutter Cleaning Servics"
"AAAABBBBCCCCQQQQ Proofreading and Carpet Cleaning Services"

I mean, it could be the worst Pet Grooming Services out of all the other Pet Grooming services listed. But with 108 'a's in front of the name, it's likely to be picked, since it will come near the front of the pack when searching through the phone book for such services as these.

Annoying. And hereby boycotted by me.

Also annoying? Random letters that don't mean anything.

"Ebl Plumbers"
"Pftdq Landscaping"
"TWKORPLDKEASDFEDOOJSBRHJSKLJHRED Automotive"

What does that mean?? No one knows!! Therefore, boycotted.

I don't have high standards for much of anything. I just ask not to be annoyed if I need you to fix my air-conditioner.

C.T.

No comments: