Monday, June 14, 2004

I love a good deal.
And by 'love', I mean almost can't pass up.

I am always on the look-out for bargains, things on sale, coupons, etc. Every week when I go to the grocery store, I look for the rotating list of ten or so things that I buy, and I get the things that are on sale, or two for a dollar, if I need them. If I need them but they are not on sale, chances are I will wait, not buy it, and do without it for the week. Because I know that in a week or so, it will be on sale again.

I'm that cheap. And I am determined to never let stores get the better of me by paying full price for anything.

One of my favorite things to play the Bargain Game with is Coke. I loves me some Coke. Whoever invented it is likely my most favorite inventor of things. Ever.

When a six-pack of the plastic bottles of Coke is not on sale, however, I do not buy it. Unless it is an absolute, Coke-withdrawal emergency. Coke is not technically a necessity, so I can justify not buying it if it's not on sale. Unless I'm having a Coke Episode in which I need Coke. But I rarely, if ever, let that happen.

Why? Because I buy things on sale and I stock up. I always have it. It's part of the game.

Now, usually I find that when Coke is on sale at the grocery store, it's two six-packs for five dollars. This is a good deal. I will buy this.

One time a few weeks ago, I arrived at the store to see that Cokes were four for nine dollars. Now, I can't do math while in a grocery store, but to me this seemed like a great deal. Is it the same as two for five dollars? Is it better? It can't be worse. But no one on earth really knows. On a weekend morning at the grocery store when I'm still too groggy to calculate things, it seems like a good deal.

I bought four. For the deal.

Yesterday, I arrived at the grocery store to discover that the Cokes were..... five for ten dollars.

Holy cow.

This was like, the mecca of good deals for Coke.

Now, did I need that much Coke? Thirty bottles of Coke?

No.

Would I even know what to do with that much Coke?

No.

Is it really a good deal? Better than four for nine dollars?

Couldn't say for sure.

But, it seemed like a good deal. I had to do it.

So yesterday at the store, I bought three bananas, two apples, grated cheese, and five six-packs of Coke.

I feel good about it.

It was a good deal.

C.T.

No comments: