Tuesday, July 11, 2006

I may be a musical compilation genius
At least in my own mind I am.

So, last night I made another mix CD. This time I've stepped into a more recent era. Not all of them are brand new to the world. But these are songs that amuse me lately and/or I just like them to be loud in my car. I call it Newer and Other Random Stuff.

Feel Good Inc. - Gorillaz
Another Place to Fall - KT Tunstall
Trees - Marty Casey & Lovehammer
How We Operate - Gomez
Easy Silence - Dixie Chicks
Promiscuous - Nelly Furtado
Black Horse and the Cherry Tree - KT Tunstall
Stupid Girls - Pink
Creep - Radiohead
Maneater - Nelly Furtado
Not Ready to Make Nice - Dixie Chicks
Suddenly I See - KT Tunstall
Give a Little Bit - Goo Goo Dolls
Mixed Bizness - Beck
Tribute - Tenacious D

I also have no idea what any of those songs mean, either. Much like my Grunge Mix. It doesn't really matter. I go for sound and songs I can air-drum to.

Now, again don't judge me for my music tastes if you feel that I am not, in fact, a music compilation genius. But it's such a fun mix that I can't wait to get to the next song when I'm listening, which means I actually miss most of the CD.

But, that's actually a good thing. My attention span with music is so short that I get bored easily and then I'm sick of whatever I'm listening to.

It's all part of being a genius.

C.T.

No comments: