Monday, February 27, 2006

Reality TV is where I'll be this week
Folks, we've got a big week of Reality TV this week. If you need me, I'll be watching all of it.

On my schedule:

Tonight was the season finale of The Bachelor. Thank goodness he didn't pick Moanna (oops! spoiler alert!). Her freakout in the limo after (while classic and effectively desperate, whiny, and teary) was pretty disappointing. I was hoping for a MUCH bigger tantrum.

Tomorrow night we've got the season premiere of The Amazing Race 9. Always good times. I love travel and reality TV, and this show rolls it into one fun-filled adventure. We're back to two-person teams, so we should also be back to a good season of trans-atlantic drama.

We've also got three episodes of American Idol this week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday. Too much? Of course! But I'll be watching.

And Wednesday also brings us the season premiere of America's Next Top Model. For the diehards, you'll find a preview and recap show on Tuesday night. I, for one, am super excited. Like, I kinda jumped up and down with excitement about it last night. In front of people...

Now, you might ask, "Tyrant, how can you manage to watch so much reality TV when so much if it is on the same nights and you do not have Tivo or DVR? Not to mention LOST, non-reality but still fabulous?" Well, I will tell you.

I have TWO VCRs and TWO TVs.

Take that, Tivo.

Yes, before I go to bed tonight I will have constructed a complex gameplan of scheduling and programming to make sure that both of my TVs and VCRs are choreographed and set to tape hours upon hours of Reality TV this week. It's quite an orchestration, but I've done it before. I may not sleep much this week. But I will know everything there is to know about the most important thing in the world... Reality TV.

I'd also like to take the Reality Madness one step further and introduce some new blog friends. I met Steve through MOL at church one night, then again at the MOL Christian Conference where he manned the booth next to mine. He and his buddy have a very special blog that I am growing to love: Realityblogs.com.

I've been asked to contibute my valuable insights to this fabulous blog as my Reality TV schedule allows. But even without my expertise, Realityblogs is pretty genius. These guys are pretty hardcore. Check it out. You might see me there from time to time, if my Reality TV offerings can add anything positive or valuable to their geniusery as related to Reality TV.

And as always, check back here for periodic Reality TV updates

It's a lot to keep up with, I know. But someone's gotta do it.

Pick me.

C.T.

No comments: