Tuesday, January 29, 2008

I'm not gonna lie . . .

. . . I got a blue scarf for my birthday, and it makes me so happy that I might wear it all the time.

. . . Two funerals in two weeks is the kind of thing that makes you think that it would be nice to have someone at home to put you in a big bear hug every night for a few hours.

. . . That bear hug person would also be helpful getting me out of the bed and dressed in the mornings. Really, what's the point of being up before 8:00 anyway? It's just more time awake without that bear hug.

. . . There's nothing like your focus suddenly being somewhere other than work for a week or so to remind you that there's a whole world outside of work. People I like live there. Free time exists there. It's magical.

. . . I saw Juno over the weekend, and all of you were right. It was pretty much like watching myself on a giant screen (except not the pregnant part). Plus I finally got that Oscar nomination that I've always dreamed of. 'Bout time. I work hard for that every year, yet every year I get completely snubbed.

I just needed to get those things off my chest.

C.T.

No comments: