Tuesday, July 06, 2004

Day One: I Survived
Today was Day One of the new job. I survived.

I'm too tired to post much about it now, so I'll go into more detail later. But overall it was a good day, as far as first days go. I didn't get lost. I met some nice people. They bought me lunch. I didn't do anything embarrassing, like walk into the men's restroom. That's always a plus. To NOT walk into the men's restroom, that is.

Some minor tragedies that occured include having to sign a very long document about the company policy of 'seriously encouraging' minimal to no use of the internet for personal use or email. I was heartbroken at this, and have since suffered severe withdrawal from having to go an entire day without checking email, checking any of my normal websites, and without blogging at work. My whole world is in freak-out mode right now. I've had to spend my personal evening time catching up on email and the web. It's insane....

Also, my chin hair decided to re-appear today. I'm fairly certain it's not quite of length to be noticed by the untrained eye. I doubt anyone saw it today. But then again, with my luck and as first days usually go, I now have a great fear that I am the New Girl With The Chin Hair. This will be my nickname. It will stick with me as long as I work there.

I dutifully plucked the chin hair again tonight, because I do actually have to go back and face those people again tomorrow.

Freak. Out.

C.T.

No comments: