Wednesday, July 09, 2008

When lightning strikes once . . .

. . . it apparently strikes my office building and lets me sleep in and stay home from work.

When your boss calls you at 7:45 a.m., my first thought is that I either overslept and she's wondering why I'm not at work. Or, something more along the lines of "don't bother coming in to work ever again."

This morning was sort of like that, but was more like, "don't bother coming in to work . . . until later today because the office was hit by lightning last night and we have no power."

This translates into, "Tyrant, you have the morning off. Please roll over and go back to sleep until we tell you that the office is working again."

Who am I to argue with my boss? I got off the phone and rolled over to go back to sleep.

I've also conducted some business via text message today. And I've decided that from now on, I will ONLY work via text message.

The extra sleep was much-needed to complete my recovery from my whirlwind trip to D.C. for July 4th weekend.

God bless America. And my extra sleep this morning.

C.T.

No comments: