Wednesday, April 06, 2005

Fever, or Boredom.
I can't tell what it is. But I'm having trouble just resting today.

I'm home sick again. It is all kinds of inconvenient.... namely because it is keeping me from training for my 100 mile bike ride. I do not have time for this!

I feel terrible, and I have a very strong desire to do nothing today but lay on the couch and watch bad t.v. until it is time to go to the doctor later. But, I can't settle down.

I've been super busy lately. And today my body does not understand, "Hey, let's take a break and try to stop being sick." I've turned into Friend A. Can't just sit and do nothing....

So, I've been finding things to do that don't require much energy. And luckily, almost all have involved saving money.

First, I switched to a new energy service provider. Hopefully this will solve the problem of paying $108 billion dollars a month to cool my house in the summer, while I only pay $10 in the winter. And overall, it will be cheaper.

Then, I cancelled my home phone line. I have clung to it for so long, despite rarely using it, because of all the pain, anguish, and hardwork it took to get the line set up. However, I have determined that it is not worth the expense to have a basically useless phone line. And I still do not have any loyalty to SBC. So, the phone had to go. I am now cell-phone only. Again.

Well, as long as SBC gets the cancellation right the first time.

Then, I fixed a phone line problem with my church's phone. Also with SBC. It's an on-going problem that luckily wasn't costing us any additional money. But it also wasn't ever letting us retrieve any messages. People can call, we can see them on the caller ID. But we just couldn't get their messages if they could ever get to a place to leave a message. Messages are somewhere in a Phone Message Void.

Hopefully SBC can get that right this time. It will be their third or fourth attempt.

Next, I cancelled the travel service thingy I signed up for to get a free Ipod. I am no longer trying to get the free Ipod. And the travel service thingy did not deliver better airfare prices, nor does the free digital camera they sent me actually work. So, I'm getting my money back. Ha!

Overall, it's been a productive money-saving day. Which is good because I will soon be going to the doctor, where I will spend money for her to tell me why I'm sick. And then I will likely go to the pharmacy, where I will spend money buying drugs to fix me.

I'm still bored.

Maybe I will set up a lemonade stand out in my yard.

C.T.

No comments: