Tuesday, October 19, 2004

Nanowrimo
No really. It's a word.

Ok, actually it's National Novel Writing Month. You might remember last year I did this and came up with the national bestseller Lizzy Hated Pantyhose.

Well, it's time again. It's in November, the annual writing of a novel during the 30 days of November.

I'm debating whether to do it again or not. These are things I am considering:

1. It's free. And it would distract me from my current teen-phase of becoming a drummer. I *need* (I don't need them, I just really, really want them) to purchase drums, but I'm sure there are better things to spend my money on. However, I am obsessed with watching drums on ebay, and entirely serious about becoming a drummer. But if I'm writing for 30 days there's a good chance I'll be able to pay my mortgage during November, instead of blowing my cash on drums to go in a house I can't pay for.

2. I wrote last year mostly during work, which worked out well because it took up a LOT of time that I simply did not care to devote to a novel outside of work. This year, if I do it I will have to do it entirely NOT at work, since I have a new job that requires me to actually work. Which means, in November you may see or read very little of me. Unless you come over to stare at me at my computer. (if I don't know you, don't come over)

3. I NEED A TOPIC. This blog is to solicit ideas. Help me. Last year I did not come up with my amazing topic until November 5, which put me a few days behind, with many words to catch up to being on schedule. It was tough, but only a few homeless people suffered because I did no work for a few days at my job then, at the shelter. Obviously any topic goes, and the weirder the easier to write. I just have to do 50,000 words. It doesn't have to be good. Obviously.

Go here to see what the heck i'm talking about.

Want to try it with me? Sign up, find a topic, and get writing on Nov 1. It's really hugely fun! It's a beating for 30 days, but it's totally cool at the end to say you wrote a novel (and no, it's not a novella. it's a NOVEL)

(note: I haven't actually signed up, yet. I'm afraid of commitment).

Email me or leave a comment with topic ideas.

Thanks,
C.T. the Writer

No comments: