Sunday, November 16, 2008

The Tyant is Winterized.

It takes very little cold to send me into winterizing mode. I just can't handle being cold.

This weekend was the first real taste of colder temperatures, so it sent me into a cold-be-gone frenzy.

  • I broke out the flannel sheets and electric blanket this weekend. The flannel sheets were so warm and delightful, I didn't even need to turn on the blanket.
  • I finally let myself turn on the heat this morning. I've since turned it back off because it warmed up again . . .
  • I bought new space heaters. I've been using the ones my parents bought for my sister and me when I was in highschool. I decided this year . . . they might be old enough that I should consider them a fire-hazard.
  • I bought sweaters, hoodies, and sweatpants. Everything was on sale this weekend!
  • I washed pretty much every blanket and jacket that I own and that I haven't used since last cold season. I can't help it. I really love fabric softener . . . and snuggling.
  • I stocked up on hot chocolate and all of the ingredients for our family spice tea concoction to make my first batch of the season.
And, for the pinnacle of The Tyrant's winterization . . . I bought this.


Yes, that's a fire pit. I decided this year that I need fire.

Don't worry, I also bought a fire extinguisher . . . but just to be safe, someone should probably put 911 on their speed dial and keep the phone handy for the next few months.

Fire, y'all!

C.T.

2 comments:

meghant said...

What's a Tyant?

The Cynical Tyrant said...

I guess it's a really cold Tyrant. I needed all of my "r"s to brrrrrrr.