Friday, May 07, 2004

The One With The Obligatory Friends Post
I feel that if I do not write something about the last episode of Friends, I will get no hits on my blog today. It's the over-hyped spectacle of the century.

So what is there to say about it? It was a good ending. Truthfully, it was kind of blah for me. Not a lot of drama, not a lot of laughs. It was nice. Funny at times. Sentimental. Sweet. Everything seemed to work out the way it should. That's all well and good.

Is it strange that I think I was most touched and saddened by the death of the fooseball table? I love that table...

I did have some questions and comments, though, after it was all said and done:

1. In what universe is it possible to watch twins being born, then take them home with you five minutes later? I know we only had an hour to work with, but still. That's a little out there.

2. What happens to Joey? I mean, yeah he gets to keep the chick and the duck (jrs.), but he's supposed to be in L.A. this summer for his new show. Can a chick and a duck live in L.A.? What makes him go out there? This is a loose end. I need to know what's up with Joey.

3. How did Chandler and Monica suddenly have enough stuff for two babies, when they were only expecting one? They had the two-baby stroller, enough clothes. And one of them was a girl, while the other was a boy? Sometimes TV-Land is just not realistic.

4. Does Rachel have a job? She turned down going back to Ralph Lauren so she could take the job in Paris. But then she just decided to not go to Paris, last minute. What will she do now? Did she tell the Paris people she won't be there? Did she get her stuff off the plane?

5. Why doesn't Joey get to keep the Big White Dog? Monica hates it anyway. That should have been Chandler's parting gift to Joey- giving him back the dog.

6. How was Joey sitting on the paint from the sign, and also sitting on the couch with paint on his butt WITHOUT getting paint on the couch? Maybe there was a deleted scene where Monica freaks out about the red butt stain on her couch.

7. Why did they each have a key to the apartment when I've never seen any of them lock or unlock the door in ten years? Not once. Never. It locked that one time and they had to find the key in Joey's drawer, but then it was broken down. And Monica and Chandler locked it once for something where they ended up on either side of the door. But this does not explain why they all had a key to the apartment that was never truly locked.

8. How was it possible for Monica to leave the empty apartment without cleaning it one last time? Was it so clean from all the years of cleaning that it just didn't need to be cleaned anymore?

9. Since Rachel is technically homeless, will she move in with Ross, or back in with Joey? If she moves in with Joey, what happens to the chick and duck (jrs.)? They were promised their own room.

10. Did Phoebe ever change her name back from Princess Consuela Banana Hammock? I kinda like that name. So if it's available, I may claim it as mine.

These are my questions.

And, Happy End o' Friends. I hear the rest of the world functions outside of 7:00pm on Thursdays. We should check it out.

C.T.

No comments: