Thursday, May 13, 2004

For Fans of the Mouse....
You can relax. He is fine and up to his same old tricks as usual.

Strangely, over the past week, I think the mouse is receiving more fanmail and support than I am on my own blog. People actually want the mouse to win, so that this story continues.

I'm so glad you all find this incredibly entertaining. I wish many mice upon you and your kin.

So, last night I actually did flip over the packet of poison, (to hide MOUSE KILLER), and I wrote 'dessert' on it in big black letters. Algernon the Office Mouse can read, apparently. I wanted him to know I'd provided something good for him to eat, in the form of dessert poison.

Early in the day yesterday, I dropped an M&M on the floor. Under normal circumstance I would have no problems picking up the M&M from the floor and eating it. The candy shell protects the M&M from various germs or funk that would otherwise ruin a non-protected food item dropped to the floor. However, since the mouse has been running amok in my office, it is quite possible he has stepped everywhere in here. So, the M&M that fell to the floor was deemed ineligible to be eaten by me, as mouse funk has contaminated every nook and cranny and molecule of floor in my office. I decided the mouse had won himself another M&M for the trap.

I left last night with the M&M mashed tightly onto the trap, hoping it would force Algernon to work really hard for the delicious candy treat, resulting in the trapping of Algernon in the trap. Next to the trap lay the 'dessert' of mouse poison in a packet.

TWO traps. Foolproof. This had to work.

This morning, once again, the M&M was gone. The poison packet was obviously untouched. And the mouse was nowhere to be found.

He won another M&M from me.

This. Means. WAR.

I have no idea what my next move is. But it may involve some sort of flame thrower, followed by a trip to an insane asylum.

C.T.

No comments: