Monday, May 24, 2004

I Love Love Love Love Love It
Ok, this is my new favorite TV show. WB Superstar USA.

It's probably the meanest thing I've ever seen on TV, but it's sooooooo funny. If you haven't seen it, go watch it now. The WB has rerun the first two episodes at least 108 times in the past week. It shouldn't be hard to find and watch. Watch it.

My new best friend is Vitamin C. I have no idea what she ever sang as a recording musician-type person. But on this show as a 'judge'? She's my new best friend. She speaks my kind of sarcasm.

My new boyfriend is Briggs, some TV producer guy that I've never heard of, and another of the 'judges'. Also a speaker of my kind of sarcasm. I may be in love.

The funniest thing is that the judges have to keep a straight face during the really terrible auditions. They have to think of things to say that communicate that these horrible singers are the most talented people they've ever seen. Plus, the judges have to look completely bored and appalled when the truly talented people audition. It's as funny to see them tell a good singer she's bad and why, as it is to watch them tell the bad singers that they are good and why.

My favorite quote so far, from Briggs, to a 'bad' candidate:
"You put the 'uperstar' in superstar."

Sooooooooooo great!

I don't really see how the show will work once the contestants get together for the singing in front of an audience. But I'm so intrigued to find out, I can hardly wait for a new episode tonight.

And yes, nothing would make me happier right now than to be a guest judge on this show. Sign me up as a 'highly regarded recording executive in the industry', so far behind the scenes that no one would know if they've heard of me or not. It could only add to the show that I actually have no judging expertise other than having watched all reality television on television, and I am the most sarcastic and straight-faced person on the planet.

I would kill as Superfluous Unqualified Undercover Judge #4.

This is definitely proof that I am a horrible person deep down inside. I'm enjoying this way too much.

C.T.

No comments: