Tuesday, May 04, 2004

Algernon
So, Algernon the mouse (thoughtfully so named by a commenter in the previous post) continues to terrorize me in my office today. One would think I'm becoming obsessed with the wee mouse. But I am not becoming obesessed at all.

I already am obsessed.

But, Algernon is definitely up to his tricks again today, even though I haven't seen him. And that is precisely the problem. I haven't seen him. I don't know where he is. He is not in the trap. In fact, the peanut butter cracker I left for him is still there. He ate the other shards of cracker that missed the trap. But the big chunk on the trap, he left it alone.

Where is he???

I'm really worried he will dart across my desk again at any moment. He's not behind the desk as he was yesterday. I know he is waiting somewhere, watching, laughing, nay... mocking me.

I'm nervous. I'm on edge. I'm worried. I'm uncomfortable.

Maybe Algernon thinks he works here.

He does not. He's a mouse.

I just want to be left alone.....

C.T.

No comments: