Wednesday, April 21, 2004

The Void
There is just such a huge void left by the absence of Jon Peter on American Idol. I'm not even sure what to write about this week. The hour was incomplete without JPL. Sure, we all knew he wasn't a great singer and that he wouldn't win. But couldn't we have at least kept him around til the final three, for pure entertainment value?? America, you're just not thinking ahead.

I did dig Barry Manilow night. Good fun. But I'm not sure what was up with Simon and his comment that Barry made all the girls sing better. Because as I listened to Diana and Jasmine, I thought they sounded as terrible as ever. Off-key and annoying. No better than the week before, Barry or not.

George has lost the will to win this competition. He had another bad week. Shaving off all of his facial hair may have been his Samson-esque downfall. I fear he can't sing without the facial hair.

I'm pretty blah about this week, still mourning the loss of JPL. And with Simon's comments in favor of the girls that deserve to be removed from the show, who knows what will happen this week.

But, I predict the Bottom Three of Shame will be Diana, Jasmine, and George. I still think John deserves to go. His rendition of 'Mandy' was almost as bad as when Angel sings it on Angel. (If you know what I'm talking about here, you've won major cool points with me). But, he got good comments from the judges and he has fans. Not sure why, but he does. Being a nice kid seems to be the thing he has going for him.

I have no problems voting him off.

I miss you, JPL....

C.T.

No comments: