Thursday, April 15, 2004

I never thought I could be mad at movies.
I love movies. But I am mad at them today.

Movie theme songs may have saved John Stevens from ejection from Idol this week, and for that, I'm afraid I have to be mad at movies. This could possibly ruin the Alliance plan to make sure he goes home this week. Why did we give him an opportunity to pick another Sinatra-esque song to show us that he can sing, but only when singing songs of that nature? This week should have been heavy metal or boy bands, to solidify John's certain inability to sing outside of his genre. Curse Casablanca....

I don't understand what happened to George. He'd been doing so well. Then he goes and picks a song from The Wiz, which everyone should know by now is the number one movie NOT to be sung from on Idol. The judges always hate it, as do I. And not only did he pick a horrible song, he sang it horribly. I'm not sure what's going on there. I really thought I could trust George to know better than that.

Diana and Jasmine** destroyed more perfectly good songs again. Except Annoying Theme from Titanic. Not a good song, but I almost can't blame the song for Diana's performance last night. There's just no good reason people should be singing Celine Dion or Titanic on this show. Ever.

Jon Peter was oh, so fun. His song had about three notes in it, but that was perfect for him. He kinda rocked my jailhouse last night. So quirky and funny and cute......

Jennifer Hudson, big and loud. As usual. Not bad, not good. Just big and loud.

But, props for the best performances go to Fantasia and LaToya again. They're just good. Although the whole emotional crying thing at the end was a bit much for me, Fantasia. You sang well. Don't go cheesing it up for extra points by crying because you were moved by your own singing. Too far.

Although sometimes I get emotional from my own blogging.... wait ..... I need a moment..... so beautiful...... tissue please.......

Ok, I'm fine now.

Personally, I hope Quentin Tarantino gets the most votes because I would like to keep him on the show every week. He's so fun, and I kinda loved him last night. True, he wasn't particularly crazy or mean. But he's fun and seriously into Idol. Can we vote him on to the show?

I hope the Bottom Three of Shame will consist of Diana, Jasmine**, and John. George sang poorly enough to be in the Bottom Three, but he has lots of fans and we know he can do better. So I think that might be enough to save him this week.

Tough call this week, and I would still be thrilled if John gets the boot, as was the Alliance plan. But I predict Diana goes home. Sinking. Like the Titanic.

I stole that from Simon.

C.T.

** name here originally was typed 'Jessica', as I am far too obsessed with Jessica Simpson and seem to have subsituted Jasmine as Jessica without realizing it. The error has been edited. See comments in Superfluous Thoughts.**

No comments: