Monday, September 24, 2007

Totally got PROMOTED, y'all

Now that it's official, I can tell the world.

They gave me a new title at work, stuck "Senior" in front of it, gave me another raise, and more work to do . . . and that's what we call a promotion, y'all.

It's my first promotion ever. It's all very exciting.

I'm a little disappointed that they would not add "rockstar" to the end of my new title, nor did they respond positively to my list of demands that should come with my new role.

But it's nice to be valued, appreciated, recognized, and rewarded for hard work. And also, I'm sure, for being really, really, really ridiculously good-looking.

And I am very happy with the appreciation and the recognition. I will gladly take it. Not every work situation works out that well.

But don't think I will forget about my list of demands. Is it really too much to ask that I get a small pepperoni pizza from Campisis delivered to my desk Mon-Wed-Fri for lunch? I don't think so.

It's not an arbitrary request. Pizza improves my productivity. It's a direct pizza-to-performance correlation, where more pizza equals better productivity.

It's good for the company to provide me with pizza. I'm just sayin'.

Senior Rockstar,
C.T.

No comments: