Monday, September 10, 2007

It's expensive to keep food cold.

But I am now the proud owner of this:



Of course, they can't get it to my house until next Wednesday. So . . . I have to figure out how to feed myself for the next week or so.

Maybe I should try fasting for the next 10 days.

How did the Pilgrims survive without refrigerators? Or maybe that's why we don't have Pilgrims anymore. They are extinct because there were no refrigerators, and they got tired of eating out or cooking everyday.

I can't cook anything because I can't save the leftovers. I do not understand life without cooking once a week, putting the leftovers in the fridge, then eating said leftovers for the rest of the week.

I can't even keep milk for cereal, or a frozen pizza.

I am reduced to a cooler on the kitchen floor, holding on to just a few things that I am trying to salvage. Namely Hot Pockets, most of which I took to work this morning.

Seriously, I go 31 years without any appliance purchases more major than a vaccuum cleaner. And then within the past month I've had to buy a dryer, and now a refrigerator.

What is UP?!?!? I mean, the pretty, new appliances are nice and all. But I'd be fine with it if they didn't all die at once.

Really. I would.

I hope the new fridge comes with food. It will be nice to look at, and to have cold water that spits out the front of it. That part is new and exciting for me.

But I'm not sure when I'll be able to afford food to put in it.

C.T.

No comments: