Tuesday, November 27, 2007

My Hip Dad, Part Deux: The Second Hip

For the next step in my Dad's quest to one day be entirely bionic, today we are at the hospital for the replacement of his second hip.

You know how in the olden days, you couldn't use your cell phones in a hospital for fear of setting off all of the live-saving equipment? Well, this is no longer true. I am wireless and in full cellphone use today.

Apparently patient safety is less of a concern now? Oh well. I'm online and that's all that really matters. Which means this time I can blog from the hospital. Play-by-play, minute-by-minute.

Here are the highlights so far:

  • Here is my mom. We are in the surgery waiting room. She is watching Regis and Kelly.

  • This is the sign that greeted me when I first arrived at the hospital at 6:00am this morning. It was right by the coffee pot where I got my coffee. It made me feel better to know that no spitting had taken place near my coffee.

I've also already found a good stash of blue doctor-y gloves. I enjoy snagging a pair here and there so that I have a good stash at home. You know, for fun.

And I might blog in a pair of blue gloves later. You know, for fun. And because there are germs in hospitals. So I probably shouldn't touch anything without the protective blue gloves.

It might also be fun later to make blue balloon animals out of the gloves for my dad as he is waking up from his drug-induced nap.

That's kinda it for now.

No comments: